We recommend switching to synthetic oil for a few reasons:
- Fewer recommended oil changes (difference between 3,000 miles vs every 5,000 miles for synthetic).
- Synthetic oil begins lubricating sooner and doesn’t have a problem with heat breakdown like conventional oils can have, so it doesn’t produce sludge in your engine.
- Though you never want to do this on purpose, if you ran all the synthetic out of your engine, your engine will still run with out seizing up and destroying your engine.
Fall is a bittersweet time of year for classic car drivers. But, properly preparing your summer ride for winter storage doesn’t have to be a chore. Just follow these simple steps:
- Change the oil and lube all zerk fittings (Note: our qualified British technicians can perform this service for you)
- Check that the radiator is filled with anti-freeze labeled with the correct anti-freeze level
- Top off, and slightly overfill, the tires. (remember, cold air contracts)
- Toss a few dryer sheets in the engine compartment, cockpit and exhaust pipe to discourage curious rodents (you can also chop up a bar or two of Irish Spring soap and spread that under the car for added security)
- Fill tank with premium quality fuel and add a fuel stabilizer
- Store in a secure and DRY place (Note: Quality Coaches offers winter storage. Ask us about availability and rates)