Classic cars are beautiful works of art and technology from a previous era, and it takes a good effort to keep them looking and running their best. Thankfully, that effort is worth it, and your classic car can provide you with decades of enjoyment in exchange for your hard work.
One of the best ways to keep your classic car running well is to schedule it for a tune-up each year with a trusted auto mechanic in Minneapolis, MN. Outside of this key step, there are many other things you can do to help your classic car last long into the future. Read on for more information:
- Use it or lose it: Though many people collect classics without driving them around, it’s still important to turn on the engine every week or two. Simply letting the car idle until the engine heats up is enough to keep the engine going, but it’s even better if you can take a short drive and work all the car’s systems to keep them in shape.
- Store it correctly: Humidity can easily damage your car’s exterior and interior, causing things like corrosion or tarnishing on the metal details. It’s best to store your car in a dry and secure area. That might mean you need to run a dehumidifier in your garage, or even invest in an additional storage bubble that can help to regulate humidity levels.
- Take care with the exterior: To protect your prized possession, make sure to avoid the commercial car wash and instead wash the car by hand. Use a soft sponge or chamois with a gentle cleanser and clean water, and make sure to dry the car afterwards. Waxing your car a few times per year can further protect the paint from any damage.
- Top off all fluids: Another step to keep your classic car humming along is to regularly check and top off the car’s fluids before driving it. Instead of the typical 3,000-mile rule for oil changes, try to perform oil changes more frequently, as much as once every 1,000 miles or six months.
- Check in with professionals: At least once per year, bring your car in for a vehicle check. This way, the experts can catch any small problems right away before they balloon into more difficult and expensive issues.
Are you searching for auto mechanics in Minneapolis, MN who can service your classic car? If so, look no further than Quality Coaches, Inc., which boasts more than 45 years in the auto industry. Our incredible team of friendly and knowledgeable service technicians is happy to answer any of your questions and make sure you understand exactly what work needs to be done on your car.
Since 1972, Quality Coaches, Inc. has offered a range of services for an even more impressive range of cars. We even repair race cars, as part of the MG Car Club. Stop by today or call us to learn more about our services—we look forward to working with your vehicle soon!
Categorised in: Mechanic
This post was written by Sharon Morgan