It may seem like summer will never come—but fortunately, spring is just around the corner, and soon, summer will be upon us! Before you pack your bags and head out to your favorite warm-weather destination, however, there are a number of vehicle maintenance operations, including oil changes in Minneapolis, MN, that you should perform to protect your car’s engine and yourself.
Seasonal changes can result in buildups of crud, dirt and debris in your engine, meaning that now is the ideal time to begin the process of bringing your engine up to speed for the summer season.
It’s important to ensure that your car is ready again for regular warm-weather use once the sun begins to shine. There are a number of maintenance operations you should probably perform before driving away on your summer adventures, including:
- Brake fluid flush: Brake fluid is probably one of the most important liquid substances inside your car. Brake fluid ensures that you are able to maintain control of your vehicle at all times. If your brake fluid is suffering from low levels or gunk buildups, you may not be able to effectively stop your car. Be sure to flush and replace your brake fluid.
- Check and change your tires: The tires of your car are where the rubber meets the road. It’s extremely important to only drive with tires that are in prime driving condition. If you were using winter tires, you may want to consider switching to something with summer tread, which could improve your fuel economy.
- Change your oil: When servicing your vehicle, you should visit a shop specializing in oil changes in Minneapolis, MN. If you are planning any extensive road trips over the summer, it’s best to have your oil changed before the suggested mileage date—there’s no reason to take time out of your vacation to visit a mechanic’s shop.
- Flush your transmission fluid: You should also clean the transmission fluid in your car. If you have an automatic transmission, it’s especially important to have your fluid flushed and replaced on a regular basis. Manual cars also require regular transmission fluid changes.
- Flush your differentials: Differential fluid maintenance is one of the most overlooked aspects of vehicle care. The differentials allow your wheels to turn at different speeds. On most vehicles, differential fluid should be changed every 30,000 to 50,000 miles. Be sure to consult with your owner’s manual to determine your car’s specific maintenance schedule.
Since 1972, Quality Coaches, Inc. has been the premier provider of oil changes in Minneapolis, MN, in addition to a full range of other maintenance services. You can count on us to provide you with extensive auto maintenance and repair. We will help you get your car in tip-top shape before the warm weather arrives so that you don’t have to miss out on a single moment of this summer. To learn more about our extensive vehicle maintenance and repair services, reach out to one of our friendly and professional associates today!
Categorised in: Oil Changes
This post was written by Sharon Morgan